Thursday, October 11, 2012

Bitch



Ethos: Serious-mannered, genuine supporter of Feminism
Pathos: I want my audience to feel guilty and slightly intimidated. I am strongly assuming that the young and male audience I am speaking to has used to word "bitch" before. My purpose is to "scare" my audience into being honest with themselves about whether or not they have been oppressive of women before and to invoke my audience's feelings of guilt that what they have done is not right. My serious tone is intended to indicate that the use of the word "bitch" is a serious issue.

5 comments:

  1. The pauses you have are very good since they add suspense/intensity to the story. You are in character the whole time which also makes the story overall effective. You didn't say what ethos and pathos you are portraying but from what I saw, it seemed an emotion you may have wanted the audience to feel could have been intimidated because it's an intense story. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Leah, the pauses were great! It gave time for the viewer to take in what they heard. Your tone in voice also made this very serious so I could tell the message of your story was important to you. Overall I thought this was a great story with a great message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good job! I think it was really cool because you had the emotion and attitude to make it a believable and intriguing story. Also the message you were trying to convey was pretty clear even though you didn't say what it was which I think means you did a good job. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you sound mad pationate in what you say and i like how you used the pauses also

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff: As I mentioned in class, this is a strong story. You're not quite clear about the concepts of ethos and pathos. "Ethos" is the nature of the character you're portraying. How do you want the viewer to see this guy? what traits do you want the viewer to identify? "Pathos" is the emotion you want the audience to feel. Think a bit more about who you're speaking to (it does need to be specific); that will help you think about how you want that particular audience to feel.

    Let me know if you need help clarifying this.

    ReplyDelete